Thursday 9 January 2020

A New Year Means New Festival Lineups


Everytime January rolls around, it’s like I’m waiting for my own personal little holiday to come. The first or second Tuesday in January, to be exact.


So what could possibly feel like a mini holiday of sorts? Well, my absolute favorite hobby at this point in my life is quite an expensive one, if you look at it from the perspective of cost per day. But when you really strip down the value of the overall ticket price, you may give a second thought to what was originally expensive. Haven’t figured it out yet?

My primary hobby (or interest, if you will) is camping. And camping festivals are an extension of that hobby. So, early January means the lineup to my favorite festival drops. And boy let me tell you what. When a festival’s lineup drops, it feels like you were just given one hundred little presents to unwrap and enjoy. Those presents come in the deals for destination hotels you’ve never heard of, and now you can start preparing for the camping adventures.

Despite the fact that I’ve only been to 5 different camping festivals, I have visited two of them multiple times at this point. They’ve pretty much got me coming back every single year no matter what from this point on simply because of the experiences, people, and locations they have to offer. To me, that shows that the festival has become more than just a camping adventure. It’s an atmosphere where others can have peace of mind.

But a few things most people underestimate every single year are the snacks, the gear, and the foods they should be taking along with them to camping festivals. For example, would you ever think to bring a few old cardboard boxes to use as storage, kindling, as a totem, or even as a nice matt/floor for your campsite? Cardboard boxes are absolutely useful for festivals, and I’ve used them many times before. In addition, being prepared is the main way of staying healthy, safe, and happy in the summer sun, which is definitely a formidable thing during festival season. So if you’re planning on attending a festival this year, do your research, pack well (overpacking is better than the opposite), and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best Holiday Gift This Past Year

After opening several cheap moving boxes worth of gifts this year for the winter holidays, I came across my favorite gift of them all: ...